AMSG AWARDED CONTRACT TO UPGRADE VESSEL TRACKING SYSTEM
A contract to upgrade the ‘nerve centre’ for shipping at the Barrow Island port proves the resources sector is continuing to fuel big opportunities for Australian firms.
Australian Maritime Systems Group (AMSG) has been awarded a contract by Chevron Australia to design and install a new Vessel Tracking Service (VTS) system to manage shipping to and from the Chevron-operated Gorgon Project on Barrow Island, 60km off the north-west coast of Western Australia.
AMSG Managing Director John Sugarman said the new Vessel Tracking System will utilise state-of-the-art radar and software systems.
“We’re delighted to continue our work with Chevron Australia,” Mr Sugarman said.
“Our fully integrated technologies will enable maximum safety and efficiency to be achieved at the port.
“Western Australia has become one of our most important markets in recent years and we believe it will continue to offer opportunities to cutting-edge companies like AMSG.”
AMSG installed the existing VTS system and marine aids to navigation during the construction of the Gorgon Project and provided ongoing support and maintenance.
The Port of Barrow Island will utilise Kelvin Hughes radar and the premier Saab V3000 Command and Control VTS Software, which is now used at many of the world’s busiest ports, including Shanghai, Hong Kong and Rotterdam, as well as Darwin and Fremantle in Australia.
The system will be fully designed, built and tested at the AMSG Brisbane factory, then transported to Western Australia for installation and on-site testing and commissioning.
Earlier this year AMSG announced it would design and install a new VTS at Port Hedland – the world’s largest bulk export port – on behalf of Pilbara Ports Authority (PPA).
The company previously installed the VTS now used at the PPA-managed Port of Dampier.
AMSG has also installed off-shore and on-shore marine monitoring systems for the Chevron-operated Wheatstone Project.
About Australian Maritime Systems
- Australian Maritime Systems Group (AMSG) is a global leader in providing high quality, innovative and integrated cost effective solutions for maritime service delivery.
- AMSG specialises in the design, construction and maintenance of maritime structures, aids to navigation and complex surveillance systems and their integration with the latest technology to Commercial and Defence industries.
- AMSG also specialises in the supply, installation and maintenance of navigational aids, AIS, buoys, radar, sea-level monitoring systems and meteorological ocean equipment,as well as the supply and servicing of maritime and aviation safety apparatus.
- AMSG has a highly skilled mobile workforce with its head office based in Brisbane and with offices in Cairns, Fremantle, Melbourne and Hobart. This mobile workforce allows AMSG to conduct installation and maintenance of maritime systems and structures by its team members at hundreds of sites along the Australian coastline.
- AMSG has also completed many extensive and challenging overseas contracts for marine agencies in Canada, Turkey and Papua New Guinea.
For more information visit www.marsys.com.au
Media Contact: Stuart Sherwin, Sequel PR – 0403 090 914 or firstname.lastname@example.org.